ALMAZORA has been a distinguished name in
quality trucks, buses and AUV manufacturing. Now, a fourth
generation enterprise, ALMAZORA dates back in 1900 when Canado
Almazora started to produce horse-driven carriages or karetelas
with wooden spoke wheels which, at the time, was the means
of transportation for short distances.
In 1925, Perfecto Almazora, son of Canado,
took over and continued to draw customers even from distant
provinces. That time, CARROCERIA DE ALMAZORA, as it was known
then, was in demand.
In 1945, a few years after the war, Conrado
Almazora, son of Perfecto, took the reins of the business
from his aging father. Then, steadily, the enterprise flourished
from Ridge-Carriage making to Passenger Bus Building. ALMAZORA
built with pride the “JARDINERA” type buses, made
of wood with seven rows of long benches that provided entrance
at each side of the bus body.
Conrado prepared his son, Cecilio, for the
eventual turnover of the family owned enterprise in 1968.
Cecilio D. Almazora assumed the leadership of the firm and
resolved that the efforts of his forbears should not be in
In over 100 years of existence, ALMAZORA
lives in its name equated with high quality standards and
craftsmanship. It continues to innovate. It competes not with
any other company but with its own performance. From Canado
to Cecilio, ALMAZORA treasures its track record in transportation/bus
manufacturing to this day.